Learn About Housing
- On-campus housing This is a great option for students who want to live near their classes and who do not require the use of a kitchen. You have to apply for on-campus housing early for the fall and spring semesters. For more information, please visit Texas A&M’s Department of Residence Life website.
- Off-campus housing This is the most popular option with ELI students. There are many apartment complexes in College Station, and most are near a bus stop. You can expect to pay between $400 and $1,000 per month for an apartment. The monthly cost depends on many factors such as included amenities, age of apartment complex, and number of bedrooms and roommates.
Finding Off-campus housing
How to find an apartment
If you don’t know how to choose an apartment, there are companies like Aggieland Apartment Finders who will take you to view apartments in the community for free. They can help you find exactly what you are looking for in an apartment.
What to look for in an apartment
Decide what is important to you in an apartment. Here are some things to consider:
- Is it within your budget?
- Is the rent for your own apartment? Or for a shared apartment?
- What is the length of the lease?
- Do you want a furnished apartment?
- Are cable and utilities included in rent?
- How easy is it to get to a grocery store?
- Where is the closest bus stop?
- Do you want a roommate?
- Does it have a washer and dryer?
Help for Off Campus Housing:
Finding a roommate
Living with roommates who do not speak your home language can be great for your English and culture skills. If you are looking for a roommate, try Texas A&M’s off-campus housing search service called AggieSearch. AggieSearch is a website where Texas A&M student post ads for roommates and housing.
If you find an apartment complex you like, you can ask the office if they have a roommate matching service.